Saturday, November 13, 2010

Picnics Can Be Fun! Into my third week of Body Back!

I had a lovely day with my children at the park today but was worried about making the right choices for all of us while wanting to have a picnic! I knew this would be one of the last nice days we would have for a while, so I wanted to take advantage of it! My daughter reminded me that it would not be a picnic unless we brought a blanket and sat on the ground. I was just glad she was as excited about it as I was. So, with hesitation about actually being able to eat as I wondered if my 2 1/2 year old would sit long enough to let me get something down, we headed off.
Packed in my handy thermal tote were 2 turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread with hummous and lettuce (for myself and my 6 year old) , a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sandwich for my 2 1/2 year-old (natural peanut butter and real fruit spread), carrots, grapes, string cheese, and organic chocolate bear cookies. I of course just had my turkey sandwich and some carrots and was fine, and my children thouroughly enjoyed their healthy lunch on a beautiful fall day! So here I am into my third week of eating clean and on my way to getting my body back, I feel great that I can be a good role model for my children and help to form their ideas of what eating well is all about!

No comments: